Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Healthy Living Tip #2

Good morning, sunshine!

Get out of bed and get ready to make a change!  I'm not talking anything wild and crazy, but something small that will help you tackle a goal that you've been facing.  For those that have been reading my posts, you know that I've been trying to live a healthier life with the goal of weight loss, so today, my small change will be to measure the things that I usually 'eyeball'.  For instance, the almonds that I sprinkle (sprinkle=handful, then a little more) on top of my yogurt at breakfast or the salad dressing that I usually pour on and assume is 2T....

For you, it could be weight loss of healthy living-related or it could be something totally different.  Perhaps you always have a salad at lunch (good for you!)- try it with dressing on the side, or take off half the croutons.  Perhaps you always get a sandwich (nothing wrong with that!), maybe add a side salad or try it with mustard instead of mayo.  Or, perhaps you start your day at 5 or 6am and end it when you fall into bed at night exhausted- your change might be to find 15 minutes for you!  Start a book, start a craft project, take the class at the gym that's been too intimidating (Zumba or Pilates, anyone?!) or just pick up the phone and call that friend or family member that never fails to make you laugh!

I'd love to hear what change you decide to make!  Leave a comment and let me know how it goes!

Here's to a healthy, happy Wednesday (we are halfway through the week, y'all).

1 comment:

  1. You've been to the gym, eaten good things--but have you started a craft project?? Don't forget the mental attitude! A stitch a day keeps the grumpies away!

    ReplyDelete